Welcome to our Blogger! We are Quartet @Mgt6209, High Performance Collaborations. This is our 1st blog, and here we will introduce our group, its name and logo, and also each member.
Group · Name · Logo
Our group name is Quartet. Because we have four members, and quartet is a proverbial kind of music performance which requires four instrument players/singers to make the melodic music by positive relationship and tacit collaboration.
All four group members, Betty, Ibis, Kina and Henry, are from MSc in E-business and Knowledge Management programme, Department of Information Systems. We discussed at week two class together about the group's name and logo. Perhaps we all like music, the name proposed by Kina and got consensus at once. Then we determined the essential meaning and elements of logo based on our group name and common ground for designing effectively. The logo below is the final version created by our collective wisdom, and we believe it can represent us well.
The logo, obviously, which aims at clearly identifying and showing a deep impression on our peers, is consisted of three parts, main graph, group name and the color.
Five curves symbolize a staff which means we will expect to create some attractive ideas and performance in the class and our blogger. Also, the "staff" is a "C" shape that represents the course - Collaborations. Four thin curves imply our four members, and the thick one means the effective and harmonious team will be more outstanding than the simple sum of individuals. On the logo's right, there is a letter "i" stands for we are all from the department of IS. The "C" and "i" constitute together the initial letter, "Q", of our group name. Moreover, it is like a graph of magnifier which is a very popular sign typifies the search function on an information system. That displays our another hope, to find more knowledge, highlight and friends during this semester.
The whole logo is red, that embodies our passion, sincerity and desire of win-win results.
Thank you for visiting our blogger and we are delighted to make your acquaintance.
Group Members
Betty
Hi, there, I am Betty, from Information Systems Department, majoring in E-Business and Knowledge Management. I am from Chengdu, Sichuan, a city which is full of passion and famous for its food.
In my undergraduate period, I was majoring in Marketing. As you can see, I am a shy girl, and I really want to reshape my personality and communicating skills during this class. I have three very kind and capable team members from the same major, they all have their own strength, I believe we could collaborate well with what we will learn in this course. And I really want to communicate with other peers in this course. Since we are from different departments, different majors and different background, I think I can learn a lot from you guys.
At last, hope I can enjoy HIGH PERFORMANCE COLLABORATIONS with Frank and you guys.
Ibis
Hello, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Welcome to our blog.
I am WANG Tian. You can call me Ibis as well. I come from Information Systems Department, major in Electronic Business and Knowledge Management.
I have no working experiences so I hope to apply knowledge what I learn from this module to my future job. As we all know that one tree does not make a forest, one person alone cannot save the situation. “Collaboration” is a very important word not only in our working field but also in our life. Thus, my objective of this course is to learn more skills about how to collaborate with other individuals and groups, and enjoy classes with all classmates.
Besides, I like to go hiking, watch movies, travelling and skating in my free time. Hope to make friends with all you guys.
Kina
Hey, I'm Kina (WANG Dan), It is my honor to have this opportunity to introduce myself to all of you. I am a little little girl in the big big HK, so I really want to be friends with you!Firstly, I come from Shan i province, which is surrounding of the gentle rounding hills. in addition to, I like vinegar very much:). I am also from EBKM.
My major was administration management in my college time. so maybe I am familiar with some courses of management and marketing.
Anyway, I always think that no matter what job you are, no matter what position you are, no matter what work you do, the collaboration ability and the communication skills are very important in daily life. so I am very looking forward to high performance collaboration course in this semester.
Good luck QUARTET! Good luck you guys!
Henry
Hello readers! I am Henry, a Beijinger from Mainland China, a student from MSc EBKM, IS dept. Glad to meet you at class, CityU, HK and Internet.
I have three years working experience, mainly in education and project management. Thus I hope I can merge course content and previous experiences to enhance my capacities. And I am very interested in the areas of social innovation and entrepreneurial, perhaps the final project will be based on them. If that I really want to share my whole understanding with more peers. Additionally, I think, on the aspect of deep expression and discussion, Blog is a better platform than MicroBlog, so I will treasure this chance provided by the course to write some meaningful things.
For leisure life, I am a huge fan of Arsenal FC and San Antonio Spurs. Also I like music, movies and books, and each has a large range for me to choose.
Hope to collaborate enjoyably with all you guys.


It's very nice to know you guys. Hope to see your photo soon:)
ReplyDeleteoh oh cheer up! QUARTET!
ReplyDeleteGood Job Quartet! Nice to meet you guys
ReplyDeletehaha, we have a group name "Good Job" in another course. Nice to meet you too~
DeleteLast Saturday, one of excellent alumna who gave a speech in Cityu is just your major! That impresses me a lot! Your major is cool!
ReplyDeleteOh? Who? do you know her name?
Delete